Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine now available at NEW Health Chewelah Medical
For NEW Health patients interested in receiving the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, it is now available at our Chewelah Medical Clinic only at this time. We are continuing to offer the Moderna vaccine at our Chewelah, Colville and Lake Spokane Medical Clinics.
To schedule your vaccine please contact us at:
Chewelah Medical Clinic 509-935-8424
Colville Medical Clinic 509-684-1440
Lake Spokane Medical Clinic 509-464-3627
Vaccine appointments can also be scheduled with Northeast Tri-County Health District online at https://tinyurl.com/NEWAvaccine or call 509-684-2262, option #4.
CDC Recommends Use of Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine Resume
What you need to know:
- CDC and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommend use of Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen (J&J/Janssen) COVID-19 Vaccine resume in the United States, after a temporary pause.
- Reports of adverse events following the use of J&J/Janssen vaccine suggest an increased risk of a rare adverse event called thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS). Nearly all reports of this serious condition, which involves blood clots with low platelets, have been in adult women younger than 50 years old.
- A review of all available data at this time shows that the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine’s known and potential benefits outweigh its known and potential risks.
- However, women younger than 50 years old especially should be aware of the rare but increased risk of this adverse event and that there are other COVID-19 vaccine options available for which this risk has not been seen.
- CDC and FDA will continue to monitor the safety of all COVID-19 vaccines.
- Seek medical care right away if you develop any of the symptoms below after receiving the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine.
- For three weeks after receiving the vaccine, you should be on the lookout for possible symptoms of a blood clot with low platelets. These include:
- Severe or persistent headaches or blurred vision
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Leg swelling
- Persistent abdominal pain
- Easy bruising or tiny blood spots under the skin beyond the injection site
Seek medical care right away if you develop one or more of these symptoms.