April 15, 2021
Starting April 15th those now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine include all persons 16 years of age and older. No additional eligibility requirements need to be proven other than age. At NEW Health we are currently receiving only the Moderna vaccine which is approved for those 18 years of age and older.
Vaccine appointments are being scheduled each week on Tuesday and Thursday at our Chewelah, Colville and Lake Spokane Medical Clinics.
Call today to schedule and follow the phone prompts to reach our vaccine schedulers:
Lake Spokane: 509-464-3627
Availability of appointments is based on the amount of vaccine we have on hand and fully scheduling each day prior to moving on to the next.
For patients 16-17 years old or to find other vaccine locations we recommend using the VACCINE LOCATOR or scheduling with Northeast Tri County Health District at 509.684.2262 option 4 or NETCHD.ORG
Be Part Of The Solution – schedule your appointment today!
CDC safety recommendations to protect yourself and others still apply after receiving the vaccination.
You are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after receiving the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or 2 weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson [J&J]/Janssen ).
Fully vaccinated people can:
- Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Visit with unvaccinated people from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Refrain from quarantine and testing following a known exposure if asymptomatic
For now, fully vaccinated people should continue to:
- Take precautions in public like wearing a well-fitted mask and physical distancing
- Wear masks, practice physical distancing, and adhere to other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people who are at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease or who have an unvaccinated household member who is at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease
- Wear masks, maintain physical distance, and practice other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple households
- Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings
- Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- Follow guidance issued by individual employers
- Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations
100% of the proceeds of your donations stay at NEW Health to help us continue to provide healthcare services to residents of our communities.