Behavioral health is a vital piece in everyone’s overall health. NEW Health understands the need for behavioral health services in our community and is here to help. Mental health concerns such as anxiety, depression, and substance use are amongst the most experienced health concerns. NEW Health uses the Collaborative Care Model to integrate both medical and behavioral health together. Collaborative Care is a team-based approach that allows everyone on your team to work together. The Collaborative Care team consists of the patient, primary care provider, behavioral health care manager, and psychiatric consultant. Together we can help you find the tools and resources needed to improve your overall health. If you would like to talk with someone about your behavioral health and find out what services are right for you, contact NEW Health today.
- Self-care strategies
- and more…
Things you can do to cope with stress during a pandemic:
- Know what to do if you are sick and are concerned about COVID-19. Contact a health professional before you start any self-treatment for COVID-19.
- Know where and how to get treatment and other support services and resources, including counseling or therapy (in person or through telehealth services).
- Take care of your emotional health. Taking care of your emotional health will help you think clearly and react to the urgent needs to protect yourself and your family.
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including those on social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
- Take care of your body.
- Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate.
- Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals.
- Exercise regularly.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Avoid excessive alcohol and drug use.
- Make time to unwind. Try to do some other activities you enjoy.
- Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.
- Connect with your community- or faith-based organizations. While social distancing measures are in place, consider connecting online, through social media, or by phone or mail.
- Seek help. NEW Health is here to listen.